Coronavirus - Local & National Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. The main symptoms are: a cough, a high temperature and shortness of breath.
Read the latest advice and information from NHS England and Public Health England about the Coronavirus.
With the situation with the Coronavirus ever-changing it’s important that you stay informed with latest advice and information from official sources. For the most up to date information please check the advice on Gov.uk.
This advice is correct as of 18/03/2020
Symptoms of coronavirus:
• a new, continuous cough and/or
• a high temperature
If you believe that you have the Coronavirus do not go to your GP or hospital. Look on the NHS website for more information about the virus and its symptoms before calling NHS 111 to help relieve the pressures that the service is currently facing.
What to do if you are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus:
You must self-isolate, which means that you are to no longer go to work, or go outside. Seek help from others with regards to collecting groceries, medication and anything else that you might need. This advice extends to the people that you live with.
For more information on how to self-isolate see here.
How to avoid catching or spreading germs:
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
• Wash your hands with soap and water often and for 20 seconds – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Link to video on hand washing: https://youtu.be/bQCP7waTRWU
Below are some useful links to local and national information. Healthwatch England also provides pratical tips, information and advice.