Significant improvements at The Pinner Road Surgery says CQC
A West Harrow GP practice has made significant improvements and is now rated as Good overall by the Care Quality Commission.
The Pinner Road Surgery in the London Borough of Harrow was rated Good for being safe, effective, caring and responsive. It was rated Requires Improvement for being well-led following the most recent inspection in June 2017.
Previously the CQC had rated The Pinner Road Surgery as Inadequate and it had been place into special measures.
Inspectors found that improvements had been made since the previous inspection and the practice was meeting the regulations which it had previously breached.
CQC’s key findings across all the areas inspected included:
- There was a more positive, transparent approach to safety and an effective system in place for reporting, recording and learning from significant events and other incidents.
- Risks to patients were assessed and well managed.
- Staff assessed patient’s needs and delivered care in line with current evidence based guidance.
- Staff had been trained and had the skills, knowledge and experience to deliver effective care and treatment.
- The feedback inspectors got from patients was positive. It scored in line with the local and national averages on the national GP patient survey
- Information about services and how to complain was now available and easy to understand. Improvements had been made to the quality of care as a result of complaints.
- Patients said they found it easy to make an appointment with a named GP. Urgent appointments were available on the same day.
- The practice had recently renovated the premises and had secured funding for further expansion.
However, there was one area that the practice must improve. It must establish effective systems and processes to ensure good governance is embedded and sustained.
Professor Ursula Gallagher, CQC Deputy Chief Inspector of GP Practices, said: “It is always encouraging to see a GP practice improve. After being placed into special measures, staff at The Pinner Road Surgery, worked well to make the improvements necessary to achieve a Good rating.
“The practice is developing its leadership structure and staff said they were supported by management through this process. The practice proactively sought feedback from staff and patients, which it then acted upon.”
You can read the report in full at this link http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-548040002?referer=widget3 when the report is published on CQC's website.
For media enquiries, contact Ray Cooling, Regional Engagement Manager (London), on 020 7448 9136 or call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here http://www.cqc.org.uk/media/our-media-office. (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
About the Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, caring, well-led and responsive care, and we encourage care services to improve. We monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find to help people choose care.